Team Tong Dragon
are both the adult and kid students who compete in mixed martial arts fighting, Muay Thai, Boxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Grappling tournaments. The combination of the adults and kids
competition teams has brought national recognition to Tong Dragon MMA. Below is just a
brief list of some of the highlights for the team.
ADULTS & KIDS
- Top 10 Grappling Teams by North America Grappling
- NAGA INSTRUCTOR OF THE YEAR 2001, Eric Colón
- NAGA INSTRUCTOR OF THE YEAR 2005, Fernando "Cabeça"
- 2007 BJJ Pan Am Gold Medal Winner, Blue belt
- Kids Championship consecutive team titles 2000, 2001 and
- 2008 REALITY FIGHTING CHAMPION, AMATEUR MMA 159LBS
- Adult Gold medal winners for the BJJ Pan American Games
2005 (teens), 2006 & 2007
- 3 of the Top 10 Grappling Kids in North America for 2002
- 2003 the team also had 2 No Gi Pan Am Gold Medal winners
- Multiple Team titles in NAGA since 1999- Tom Larrison vs Phil Baroni, NAGA
- New Breed Amateur MMA Champion 159lbs, 2008
- Reality Fighting Amateur MMA Champion 159lbs, 2008
- Lou Neglia's Ring of Combat, multiple fighters
Tong Dragon MMA has fought for many organizations including, Reality Fighting, Mass Destruction, Ring of Combat, New Breed Fight League, Combat in the Cage, NAGA, Grapplers Quest, Warriors Cup and BAMA Fight Nights. This includes title fights and super fights!
Tong Dragon MMA and NJ I.M.B./CABEÇA BJJ COMPEITITON TEAM is designed for the student who wishes to compete in mixed martial arts, Muay Thai and Boxing. The program is designed around the rules of each of these events. It allows the student to test their skills against students outside of Tong Dragon MMA. The Team is advanced in its speed, technique and ability to perform under pressure. It is a serious commitment to training and to the instructors at Tong Dragon MMA. Tong Dragon MMA Head Coach Eric Colón not only is a trainer, retired mma fighter and BJJ competitor, he is also a judge for mixed martial arts competition for the New Jesrsey State Athletic Control Board (SACB). He has judged many promotions including Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC 78), UFC 101 in Philadelphia, UFC Ultimate Fight Night 20 in Virginia, IFL Championships 2007 & 2008, Elite XC on CBS, Bellator FC on ESPN, many of Lou Neglia's Ring of Combat, Mixed Fighting Championships VII (MFC), Reality Fighting I and Reality Fighting XII.
Tong Dragon MMA, THAI BOXING & BOXING Fighters
"PYSCHO EYES" TOM LARRISON, "THE REVEREND" ROB RUSSO, LIAM KERRIGAN, "SNEAKY" PETE DEYONKER, JOE ZONIN, JON "ROOFTOP" BILYK, JUSTIN PIMM, ANTHONY CARUSO, DAN "SHINBONE" PETRONE, CHRIS "ODB" DIPAOLO, MICHELLE AGUSTIN, "GOLDEN BOY" KEITH HOLLAND, STEVE TYRRELL, BEN RILEY, BOB MEYER, CHRIS DIGIORGIO, BILL BORAWSKI AND BILL BRITTON.